Friday 6 April 2012

Treadmill Time

After a solid 10 hour sleep Little A wakes at 5.30am for a feed before settling back down for another couple of hours. Once he's down I slip on my sneakers and escape out the back door while hubby and bubby snooze. When I return I enjoy a nice hot shower, have breakfast with Big A and pack his lunch. Then a happy and well slept little A stirs from his cot... and so my day begins.

IN MY DREAMS!!!!

As much as I would like to fantasise about such mornings the reality is 90% of my mornings wouldn't resemble anything like this! Firstly newborns don't sleep for 10 hours straight but even if and when he does I doubt his waking and sleep times will magically align with my ideal training and showering times. At the moment I am just grateful for a shower time!

So that coupled with the fact that apparently you aren't meant to leave babies at home unattended while you go for a run means I am going to have to do some treadmill time.

Treadmills are not my favourite way to train by a long shot but a treadie run is better than no run. While Treadmill runs are a bit "boring" and speed workouts just aren't as good on them I am still grateful for treadmills and here's why:

1. I will get to run when I otherwise could not
2. Rain, hail, shine you can always run on a treadmill
3. You can watch trash TV and rest assured you are still being productive!
4. You don't have to wait for your Garmin to charge if you forgot to plug it in the night before
5. You can wear your ultra daggy comfortable training clothes in the privacy of your own home
6. You can lie down on the warm belt post run for your stretch...REALXING!

So even if I don't get many "ideal" mornings in the next few months I can still be clocking up the Ks thanks to the trusty Treadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment